[mythtv-users] Extract audio as Wav=

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Mon May 9 20:35:52 UTC 2005

> There's software out there that will let you cut the MP3's without a
> decode/re-encode step.
>
> http://home.hccnet.nl/p.luijer/ - I think that's the one I've used in the
> past (it's been a long time, but I think that's it.)
>
> I don't know if something similar exists for linux or not though.

I was actually looking for a program to do this the other day - I
ended up using xmms with the disk-writer plugin to make the wav file,
using wavsplit to do the cutting (wavsplit is a very nice simple
program - you just tell it what the cutpoints or piece-sizes are in
frames / seconds / w/e), then lame in a bash loop to re-encode the
pieces back to mp3.

--
email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites