[mythtv-users] MythTV and EM8300

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Mon May 9 17:46:41 UTC 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 19:31, Nick wrote:
> It may be possible to use the Hollywood+ card as a regular X display
> (without acceleration) for a myth system (as is currently the case
> with the PVR350).

I don't think that is supported on the dxr3/H+ card. Framebuffer was never
implemented for this card as far as I know. It's just an mpeg decoder card.

> It is highly likely though you may get accelerated
> mpeg2 playback in xine (one of the output options). I have one of
> these lying around so may have a go and see where I get to.

It is even possible to play other vidoe formats through the card using xine
(mplayer also). These video's will be reencoded on the fly to mpeg1 and than
send to the mpeg decoder on the card.
It is possible to get a menu kind of system also on this card using mms
http://mms.sunsite.dk/

regards,
Marcel