[mythtv-users] Re: pcHDTV3000 - Anyone installed and use this?

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:19:00 UTC 2005

On 5/9/05, Kyle Rose <krose+mythtv at krose.org> wrote:
> > I've tried on a few occasions to upgrade my kernel beyond 2.6.9.
> > Unfortunately, doing so seems to break support for my onboard SATA
> > controllers.
>
> Which driver are you using?  SCSI (libata) or the IDE driver?
>
> Kyle

I don't recall the name, but whichever is the more current.  I tried
it with the older one, and got a whole bunch of unexpectedness, so
switched back.  It's odd, but with 2.6.9 it all just works, but
anything above that and the machine seems to freeze (though it's not
really frozen) at the point where its bringing the drives online.