[mythtv-users] Weird seeking problems

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Mon May 9 14:03:19 UTC 2005

Hi Everybody,

Something weird just starting happening to me on the weekend.

On Saturday I noticed that my backend had rebooted itself while recording
South Park at 1:00 in the morning.  Ever since then, I haven't been able to
seek properly while watching recorded programs.  Sometimes, when I try to
skip thirty seconds, it will immediately jump about 1 second.  At other time
it will pause for about 5-10 seconds and then complete the 30 second skip.

When it is trying to skip, the OSD in the top right corner will do an
interesting thing.  The total recording length will slowly change.  Perhaps
having an innaccurate total recording length messes with the skipping and
jumping.

Also, it takes several minutes to resume watching a program from a bookmark.
All I get is a black screen for a long time, and suddenly the program resumes
from the bookmark.

I'm running mythtv 0.17 on Debian Sarge, linux 2.4.something on the backend.

Any ideas?

Mark