[mythtv-users] DVB problems

Ben McKeegan ben at mckeegan.org
Mon May 9 12:59:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm using the Debian Mythtv v0.17 packages on Debian Sarge with a couple
of Nova-T DVB cards (one each of Conexant and Philips chipsets), and I'm
having an annoying issue when channel hopping with my Nova-T DVB cards in
LiveTV.

The problem is that if I accidentally switch onto a channel for which
there is currently no program (such as a time-sliced channel outside of
its broadcasting hours), MythTv freezes up.  The backend reports 'DVB#0
WARNING - No data from card in 1 second.' warnings and eventually gives up
with 'Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds. Stopping.'.
Fair enough, but during this time the keys no longer work so I am unable
to switch to another channel, and the frontend either locks up completely
or takes me back out to the menu.

Furthermore, if I try to go back into LiveTv it immediately takes me back
to the same channel and freezes for 15 seconds before kicking me out
again, even if I restart the frontend.  The only way to use LiveTV again
is to restart the backend.

Has anybody else had this problem?  Is this something that has already
been fixed in more recent versions?

Cheers,
Ben.