[mythtv-users] Current state of a HushPC frontend?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:48:01 UTC 2005

On 09/05/05, James Stembridge <jstembridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/05, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are you using rpm versions of the drivers, or CVS?
>
> Neither, deb packages of cvs from http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~mfgalizi/epia/ .

Thanks James.  I hadn't seen that link before, and all information is
usefull.  I'm looking to take the PVR-350 out of my EPIA M10000
combined front/backend, leaving the EPIA as a front end only, and put
the 350 into a new dedicated backend along with a NOVA-T DVB card.

I'm hoping that the Unichrome drivers will be at least as good as the
PVR350 output for mythTV, and a bit better than the 350 for mythVideo
(because more applications support XvMC output than support the 350's
hardware decoder).

Anyone able to comment on PVR-350 vs Unichrome, for playback quality?