[mythtv-users] Using MythTV for viewing both TV recordings and video's in seperate directories?

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 07:36:03 UTC 2005

On 5/8/05, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did that, but in order to view the videos by clicking the file links
> was to create the video_dir symlink in the /mythweb directory.  This
> symlink must point to the directory containing the video files in
> order for it to work properly.
> The same is so for the recordings directory.  The recordings will not
> play if the video_dir symlink is not pointing to the directory holding
> the recordings.
> It seems to work one way or the other, I am hoping for a way to have
> it do both simultaneously.

I recall going through this myself a while back.  I just checked my
mythweb directory and I have a symlink named video_dir that points to
myth's recordings directory and a different symlink named video_url
that points to the mythvideo directory.  Then again, I'm running cvs
from a few weeks ago, not the release version of 0.18.

Brad