[mythtv-users] Re: Trouble setting up DVB

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun May 8 18:23:52 UTC 2005

In message <86BBE110-937B-4132-9E83-EA597C9641F6 at hisser.org>
          James Pattinson <jamesp at hisser.org> wrote:

> Well the scan seemed to work. It has populated the channel table, but
> dvb_channel and dvb_pids are both empty! So when I try to "Watch TV"
> and I get:

They're supposed to be empty - they are not used anymore. What you
should have is an mplexid and a serviceid in the channel table - the
mplexid is used to lookup the tuning parameters for the multiplex in
the dtv_multiplex table and the serviceid is then used to extract
the PID values from the PMT that is broadcast as part of the multiplex.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/