[mythtv-users] File I/O Problem

Chad Jannusch bgmncwj at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:17:15 UTC 2005

Hello,
I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this. Between 20-60 minutes
after I restart my backend machine recording will just stop. The only
error messages I recieve it this in the mythbackend.log:
Starting up as the master server.
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad file descriptor
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad file descriptor
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad file descriptor
And that's it. Shorty afterwords /var/log/messages reports that ivtv
Failed API call 0x000000c6 and it'll repeat that near indefinatly. Now
when I reboot the machine everything goes back to normal for a while
then this whole thing just repeats. Is my hard drive going bad? It's
formatted with ReiserFS and has 23GB free yet if that makes a
difference.

Any ideas?
Chad Jannusch
bgmncwj at gmail.com