[mythtv-users] FFWD and MUSIC crash my system

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 7 23:50:07 UTC 2005

On 5/8/05, Frutillar <frutillar at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if anyone had an idea what these error messages in
> my /var/log/messages mean and if they may have any relationship with the
> system hangs I experience when I do a fastforward of a recording, after a
> while when I watch a recording (even with no ffwd) and when I listen to
> music.  I am using the hardware encoding and decoding from my PVR-350 as well
> as the TVOut functionality.
>
> I suspect it may be related to the ivtv driver, but I am not sure and I donīt
> know how to troubleshoot any further at this point.

Not sure if this will cure your problem, but try using the 0.2.0-rc3f
version of the ivtv driver and using a non-buggy (from the ivtv
modprobe output) version of the encoder firmware. Using the rc3f ivtv
driver with my 350 running X I had a stable system, apart from the
fact it took several seconds to seek in a recording. Playback of divx
and xvid material was also not fast enough to be watchable on my 2.4G
Celeron system.

ivtv drivers can be found here:
http://www.ivtv.tv/releases/ivtv-0.2/ivtv-0.2.0-rc/

ivtv firmware can be found here: