[mythtv-users] annoying new 'feature'

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat May 7 23:36:28 UTC 2005

On 5/7/05, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> > My backed up database doens't work when I restore it.
> > I had to use an older one.
> >
> > When I try to delete a program from myth I get this error.
> >
> > ERROR when trying to delete file:
> > /mnt/hdd8/myth/tv/1045_20050403210000_20050403234500.nuv.
> > File doesn't
> > exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.
> >
> > of course the file is missing. I deleted it weeks ago before my myth
> > went for a crap and led me to many hours attempting repair.
> >
> > So now to add to all my frustration I cant even get rid of entries I
> > don't want.
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> I feel for you. The simple way is to 'touch' the missing filename in yrour
> recordings dir. Then you can delete it. I supose if you have lots of them
> you could always try 'mythrepairdatabase' in the contribs folder. Its not
> installed in the atrpms distro so you might need to download the source
> files and extract that file to get it.

You could also use a database tool (such as phpMyAdmin) or edit the DB
directly, to remove all of the errant entries in one go. I find using
phpMyAdmin very useful for all sorts of diagnosis (capture cards,
channels, settings). Just make sure to restart the backend process
after changin any settings to make sure the new settings are used.

I guess having myth automatically give you the option of deleting the
missing file entries from the database would make things more 'user
friendly'.

Nick