[mythtv-users] LxMSuite.com to provide services to the Myth community

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Sat May 7 14:02:33 UTC 2005

On Friday 06 May 2005 13:13, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On 5/5/05, Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > I hate to sound like a knocker, and for the most part I like the design,
> > but I can see 4 problems with that theme
>
> Bear in mind that the theme isn't done, for example none of the font
> sizes/colors have been tuned yet.

Yeah, but if no-one critiques before it's finished, there's no opportunity to
catch issues, so I thought I'd insert my tupence ;-)

> > 1) It's very dark. The unhighlighted menu items are quite difficult to
> > read for speedy operation.
>
> Actually, when it's on a TV it's not nearly as dark as it appears on a
> monitor.

Okay, I'll put this down to the lack of a universal coherent colour management
system.

> > 2) It's rather monochromatic. Black and white with a few blue bits is a
> > little dull.
>
> It's a particular style they're going for.  It's not for everyone.

Yeah. Very... masculine. Not too sure it'll have a high WAF. Not that I have
to worry about the 'W' in WAF.

> > 3) The menu6.jpg shows the blue theme on the screen, which looks a little
> > out of place.
>
> That's because the equivilant screen in their them wasn't complete
> when that watermark was created.  They'll be readjusting things later.

Again, I thought so, but I think there are other themes out there that do
that, and it jars.

> > 4) The next release of MythTV is planned to change the theming UI and
> > capabilities. Perhaps they're a little premature, although obviously
> > there is no indication of how long 0.19 will take.
>
> They are *fully* aware of planned development given that they're in
> touch with the developers.  Rather than wait for the MythUI changes
> they've chosen to move ahead with their theme work and make any
> modifications needed.

Fair enough. It'll be interesting to see how they manage the balancing act of
business demands and community participation.
--
Steve Boddy