[mythtv-users] PVR350 Remote Question

Rob Miracle robmiracle at earthlink.net
Sat May 7 02:28:37 UTC 2005

At 09:49 AM 5/6/2005, Nick wrote:
> > If I use the Chan UP/DN buttons, I get a black screen then the core
> > dump.   If I enter the channels directly, I see what looks like Myth TV's
> > program guide change, but the TV doesn't appear to change with it.
>
>This may be due to the way LIRC is setup - the /etc/lircd.conf will
>map your remote buttons to the IR codes picked up by the receiver.
>Your ~/.lircrc and ~/mythtv/lircrc will then map particular buttons to
>particular actions in myth and other apps. Maybe these buttons are not
>configured correctly for mythtv?

My .lircrc is sym-linked to ~mythtv/lircrc so they are the same file.   The
file is the default I got from Jarrod's site:

# MythTV native LIRC config file for
# the new grey Hauppauge remote
#
# Modified from Jarod Wilson's which came from Jeff Campbell's
# By Brad Templeton

I've not changed it.  The Up/Down/Left/Right buttons seem to be mapped to
Up/Down/Left/Right, etc.  ChanUp/ChanDn are mapped to Up/Down, etc.  The
point is that MythTV coredumps when they are pressed and either exits back
to the shell or back to the main menu.

> > I'm piping my DirecTV into the cable jack (Tuner 0) on the 350.  I have the
> > DTV box to output on channel 3.  I've told Mythtvsetup (0.18 btw, FC3 using
> > Jarrod's setup), to use the change_chan.sh script from a previous post here
> > about my IR problems.  I tell it to start on channel 3 and there is a "live
> > tv" channel, which I also set to 3, but it seems to change depending on
> > what DTV channel I last set to.
>
>Are you really outputting from your cable box via coax into the cable
>tuner? If so, do you need the channel change script at all? I'd have
>thought the tuner itself would be able to change channels (channels
>having been setup in mythtv) without needing a separate channel change
>script and IR Blaster.

No, I'm outputing from my DirecTV box via coax to the tuner.  The DirecTV
box only outputs on one channel (either 3 or 4, in my case 3).  Changing
the tuner to another channel would result in static.  I don't have "basic
cable".

>For example, my cable TV is fed into my PVR-350 via S-Video. As this
>is just receiving whatever channel the cable box is tuned to at the
>time, I need the channel change script to manually change to cable box
>for me.

Same here, eventually I'll get my system moved over to S-Video for in, but
now I don't have enough S-Video cable to make the run, so I'm using the
coax to feed for now, but I still have to tune the Sat-Box using an IR blaster.

Rob