[mythtv-users] Refurbing a de100c for mythtv

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Wed May 4 22:15:20 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, Devan Lippman <devan.lippman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Threw KnoppMyth on a de100c that was lying around and tried to watch
> some recorded TV on it.  This all went much better than I expected but
> I'm getting a "prebuffering pause" whenever I view recordings.

I've got three de200c's in various uses as Myth boxes, and they work
pretty well, once you tweak things just right.  For what it's worth, mine
are all running a fairly stock Mandrake 9.2, and it's been working
so well, I haven't bothered to upgrade to the latest Mandrake release.

What resolution/bitrate are your recordings?  Are you using the ethernet
connection or the HPNA?  What's your CPU utilization during playback?