[mythtv-users] Minimum hardware requirements for music-only frontend?

Christopher David Petersen christopher.david.petersen at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:33:48 UTC 2005

I'm thinking about using an old laptop for a music-only frontend and I have
a few questions:
 1) Is a PII 366 and 128 MB really enough to run Linux and a MythTV
frontend? How about a Pentium 200 MMX with 96MB?
2) What's an easy to install distro that has a small enough memory footprint
for 128 MB? For 96MB?
3) Can 802.11b handle streaming FLAC audio files via SMB from the backend?
  Having read the documentation and searched the list, I feel this machine
could do it, but before purchasing it, I'd like to get some empirical data.
 Thanks,
 --
Christopher David Petersen