[mythtv-users] Xbox Versions

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Wed May 4 15:53:15 UTC 2005

    I've been looking for an economical way of setting up a couple
frontends.  I currently run a combo be/fe which has served me well for
over a year.  I though perhaps getting a couple used XBoxes would be a
decent route.  I've been skimming the archives and one thing that keeps
popping up is a discussion/mention of versioning on the XBox.  What is
the easiest version of the XBox to mod to allow it to run mythtv?  Does
it require a hardware modification?  How do the xboxes perform
displaying SD TV encoded at 480x480?  Any comments?  Thanks for the feed
back.

Calvin