[mythtv-users] wow....18 is so stable

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed May 4 13:42:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 09:39:15AM -0400, David Brieck Jr. wrote:
> On 5/4/05, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just a big thanks to all who made .18 possible.  The upgrade, with a
> > combination of ivtv update to latest stable atrpms package has not had
> > a crash yet.  I hope I am not jinxing myself, but I have had an uptime
> > of over 7 days, and that has been unheard on this machine.  I was
> > psyched to get my bootsplash image up and running, but have not had to
> > watch it in over a week!
> >
> > I have been using myth for over a year, and it gets better on each release.
> >

> Same thing here. I usually had the backend die at least once per week
> and exactly during my favorite shows.
>
> I skipped 0.17 because I thought it was a little too buggy but 0.18
> has me jumping for joy.
>
> I've never had the machine completely lockup up though, the machines
> uptime is 67 days. Usually all i need to do is zap the backend so I
> can restart it.

FWIW, we stopped doing thr CVS mambo right after .17 came out, and
haven't had much trouble with it at all.

I've got a skipping playback problem, but I'm pretty sure that's due to
Xorg issues with SuSE 9.2, rather than other things.  But maybe I'm
wrong, and this week's .18 install will fix that too.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me