[mythtv-users] Burning NUV files to DVD
Khanh Tran
khanh at slc.edu
Wed May 4 10:07:22 UTC 2005
Tsunami MPEG encoder and Tsunami MPEG DVD Author.
http://www.tmpg-inc.com/product
-Khanh
-----Original Message-----
From: James L. Paul [mailto:james at mauibay.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 12:10 AM
To: khanh at khanh.net; Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Burning NUV files to DVD
Khanh Tran wrote:
> Don't even bother doing anything. You're making it way too
complicated.
> The NUV files produced by the PVR-250, 350 and probably the 150 and
> 500 (I just don't have one) ARE MPEG-2 formatted files. Just make
> sure you don't have a transcoder scheduled to convert it to something
> else. I usually copy it over to a Windows box to cut out commercials,
> but either way, it's already ready to go to DVD authoring apps.
>
> -Khanh
Please name any DVD authoring applications that will accept PVR-x50
MPEG2 files unmodified. I strongly suspect you haven't been doing this
yourself, but in case you really are, I'd love to know what you are
using. :)
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
> [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Terry Griffin
> Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:20 PM
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Burning NUV files to DVD
>
> The problem with searching the archives on popular questions is that
you
> have to wade through all the posts saying "search the archives" before
> you find the posts that have useful information. That was the problem
I
> experienced when trying to resolve the 0.17 daylight savings time
issue.
> I found lots of posts telling me to search the archives when that's
what
> I was already doing. It was very frustrating. It's like having an FAQ
> where the answer to every question is "Look in the FAQ you dolt."
>
> Stuff like this needs to get migrated in to some sort of real FAQ,
even
> if the FAQ contains nothing but links to the *useful* postings in the
> archive. Then people can be told to look in the FAQ instead of the
> archives, and they'll get better results when they look there.
>
> Terry
>
> On Tuesday 03 May 2005 12:25 pm, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>> Here we go again.... A quick search of the archives will reveal
>>dozens of posts and limitations on the subject.
>>
>>On Tue, 3 May 2005 astroguy67 at comcast.net wrote:
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have just installed MythTV 0.18 on a FC3 box with a Hauppauge
>>>PVR350 card. I have been capturing video using the default encoding
>
>>>of MPEG2-PS. There are a couple of DVD encoding options. My
>>>question is this, does switching to one of the DVD codecs allow me
>>>to copy files to DVD that are directly playable? If instad of a
>>>direct copy, I want to author a DVD with captured video, what format
>
>>>should it be captured with before I try to convert it using one of
> the NUV utilities?
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>-jim mckay
>>
>
************************************************************************
> *
>>* Cory Papenfuss
> *
>>* Electrical Engineering candidate Ph.D. graduate student
> *
>>* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
> *
>>**********************************************************************
>>***
>>
>>
>>
>>------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
>
>
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list