[mythtv-users] component video capture cards

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Tue May 3 20:45:19 UTC 2005

On 3 May 2005 at 11:49, Cory Papenfuss wrote:

-----much snippage-----

>  	Are they planning to do some rudimentary (or non-rudimentary like
> MPEG[24]) compression on it in an FPGA or something?  I would think that
> NUV or RTJPEG could cut it down by 10:1 pretty easily if it could be coded
> up tight enough to deal with.

It's unclear at this point how much they will do. I'm trying to caution them not to get in
over their heads, after all, they're just college students (altho' clever ones). So, I would
guess that the plan will be to just get to the point where they can capture raw data, then
if time permits, add some hardware compresion.