[mythtv-users] OT: Avidemux2 2.36

Harvard Pan harvardpan at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:20:33 UTC 2005

I found some problems with snipping commercials using avidemux2's
automated functions when used in conjunction with mpeg2cut. The script
that is being used for some reason just doesn't work. I did find a
workaround in terms of script commands that would work instead.

I wrote a little perl script to generate the new avidemux2 cut script
and use it in mpeg2cut. Using this, I can cut commercials from
recordings just fine. I've attached the script. If the latest version
of avidemux hasn't fixed it yet, hope this helps save you some time!

--Harvard