[mythtv-users] XBOX - remotes

Phill Wiggin wigginp at mantech-wva.com
Mon May 2 20:20:33 UTC 2005

a M wrote:

> So what is everyone using for the IR receiver? The Xbox remote IR
> reciever or other aftermarket?
>
> Anyone have any thoughts on the Microsoft Media remote?
>
> Thanks,

I bought the Xbox remote w/ IR sensor for my first xbox and just picked
up a spare MS-brand xbox IR remote for my second xbox and picked up a
universal remote.

I seem to remember that there are some issues w/ non-MS branded IR
recievers.. some changes need to be made to the source code of (I think)
LIRC and/or the configuration files once LIRC is compiled.  There are
list-topics on the non-MS-IR receivers, I'd suggest searching on
gossamer-threads for further information.

I can't comment on the MS Media remote though.

--Phill