[mythtv-users] Anyone happy with wireless?

Nathan Ford zimans at gmail.com
Sun May 1 14:37:30 UTC 2005

I use a WET54gS5. This allows me to hook all my internet enabled
devices next to the TV without running a cable.

My only gripe is the best i've benchmarked it at is 2MB/sec
(16mbit/sec). This was done by transferring large files from my web
server to a device behind the bridge.

The good part is the damn thing finds wireless networks almost
instantly. If I reset my AP it'll rejoin in under a sec. Then again it
is always connected, so there is no lag time to the devices. It also
finds wireless networks that my PCI NIC can't.

--Nate