[mythtv-users] Re: Timestretch = chipmunk audio, also timestamp problem with 3x FF

Mark Cooke mpc at jts.homeip.net
Sun May 1 14:00:07 UTC 2005

Dan Christensen <jdc at uwo.ca> wrote:
---
I was wondering if it'd be better to get myth to extract the audio
from the MPEG-2 stream, decode it, do pitch adjustment if necessary,
and send the result through the audio card. Not only would this get
rid of the pitch change, it would mean that in normal use, the
passthrough audio cables wouldn't be needed.
---

Hi all,

A slight extension which avoids the synchronisation issue would be to
demux the audio and video, run the audio through whatever audio
processing was needed, then remux the audio and video, rather than
output to the audio card.

         /---AUDIO CHIPMONK/SOX/ETC---\
MPEG2---D                             M----MPEG2---PVR350 OUT
         \-----VIDEO PASSTHROUGH------/

Just a thought as I don't have time/motivation to knock this up myself
as I'm not using the video out on my 350 currently.

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Cooke <mpc at jts.homeip.net>