[mythtv-users] Anyone happy with wireless?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun May 1 04:40:14 UTC 2005

> That's what I ended up doing as well.  I recommend the Linksys WRT54G router
> which you can then turn into a wireless bridge through modified firmware,
> the best of which, IMO, is available at http://www.sveasoft.com .  These
> things can frequently be had for around $50 after rebate, which there is
> usually one somewhere.

I'm using my WRT54G as a bridge between my wired and wireless networks using
stock firmware.  The frontend in my living room uses a Belkin PCI 54G card
using ndiswrapper.  I'm able to transfer about 3Mbytes/sec over the
network from one of my wired servers.  Seems to be working pretty well.
My wifes computer (which is used a lot more heavily than the Myth frontend
usually) is also connected at 54Mb/s via another Belkin PCI card using
ndiswrapper.  I don't use the Linksys as my router to the internet, it
is only used a a wireless bridge between my internal networks.

--
Chris