[mythtv-users] Anyone happy with wireless?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 1 01:21:57 UTC 2005

Micah,
    Hi. I'm not the least bit happy with any of my wireless stuff. I'm
using D-Link DWL-520's in two machines talkign to a Netgear WGT624 v.2
router. I cannot even begin to get 'g' speeds. I have terrrible times
even getting the NICs to find the router. Takes about 10 minutes after
booting at best. Once linked up they stay linked pretty well, but not
getting linked automatically at boot time causes me to have to rerun a
number of boot time scripts by hand due to network dependencies.

   I'm pulling wire through the house soon and giving up on this. It's
not worth it to me.

- Mark