[mythtv-users] Need Help with FC3 pcHDTV HD-3000 Install

John Sturgeon mythtv at sturgeonfamily.com
Thu Mar 31 23:47:30 UTC 2005

Tony Godshall wrote:

>>If at all possible, I would recommend sticking with
>>cx88-dvb, it plays
>>nicer with MythTV.
>>

>Hi.
>
>Could you indicate what you mean when you say it plays
>nicer?  I'm trying to determine if symptoms I'm seeing are
>at hardware, driver, or app level.
>
>Tony

Plays nicer, as in configuring the card in MythTV.  Currently the
support for DVB in MythTV is quite nice, scanning channels, adding them
to the database, setting up the card, all of it worked perfectly.  When
I first configured my card, I tried to get MythTV to see it, but it
didn't since the atsc device file was set up at /dev/video1 with
major-81 and minor-1 MythTV didn't see it (it was looking for the 'old'
major-81 minor-32).

--
John Sturgeon <><
http://www.sturgeonfamily.com/mythtv.php