[mythtv-users] Air2PC, TS mode recording, bad files

John Sturgeon mythtv at sturgeonfamily.com
Thu Mar 31 23:16:36 UTC 2005

Travis CLayton wrote:

> I did some searching through the archives and didn't find anything
> about what I'm experiencing so I apologize if it has been covered.
>
> With my Air2PC(OTA mode) the recordings that come out in transport
> stream mode are not recognized by a couple applications as being valid
> (like TSReader).  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Travis

depending on the channel, and how they broadcast (which PID used, which
sub-channel) and whether you were recordings a subchannel or not, you
might get different results from different readers.  Some networks here
(like KOIN-DT CBS) have streams that I can't seem to get at no matter
what tool I try ('cept mplayer -dumpstream).  Do you have the same
problem for *all* channels, or just one or two?

--
John Sturgeon <><
http://www.sturgeonfamily.com/mythtv.php