[mythtv-users] Daylight Savings Time, NTP, and reboot

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Thu Mar 31 19:56:12 UTC 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 20:06, Chris Clarke wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     Hoping for some quick guidance on this, I've got myth up and
> running and all is good.  I'm going away for a couple days starting
> tomorrow and I won't be back until tuesday or wednesday.  Is Daylight
> Savings Time going to screw anything up for me?  Should I set the
> backend computer to re-boot early Sunday morning?
I don't think that's needed.
But I had a problem this weekend with daylight savings (here in Belgium we
switched last sunday morning).  The script I use (tv_grab_be_tvb) to pull the
channel information from the net ran at 1 o'clock.  It inserted the time
information as UTC +1.  But after 2 o'clock the timezone was UTC+2.
The system was running in UTC +2, but the information in the database was
still for UTC +1.  So all time information was 1 hour off.  All schedules
were recording at the wrong time.

My solution is to run the update script at 4 o'clock so it wil run after the
time changed.

Stef