[mythtv-users] settop box with peritel output

Philippe Bégou pbegou at tele2.fr
Thu Mar 31 11:57:53 UTC 2005

Jakob Fix a écrit :

>Bonjour,
>
>On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:09:23 +0200, Philippe Bégou <pbegou at tele2.fr> wrote:
>

>>Jakob,
>>
>>The cabling seems OK, although it might be done in a different way (I
>>use a [S-video+ 1 audio jack] to SCART cable purchased at Carrefour to
>>connect my VHS recorder to my Hauppauge PVR 350 video acquisition card.
>>Because the SCART plug is directional, I had to exchange input and
>>output pins)
>>

>so would you say, S-video + 1 audio is to be preferred over the cabling shown?

I wouldn't say it is THE solution, it will depend on the acquisition
card you have. It works for me with the Hauppauge PVR 350 card and is
not expensive (~ 8 €). This card has a S-Video input plug, which can be
configured to either acquire a S-Video (luminance + chrominance
separated) or composite signal. The latter is the one I use for
connecting my VHS recorder, which outputs a composite video signal
through the SCART connector.

>>However a great function of myth is the ability to program recordings
>>directly from the TV guide. How do you intend to do this with the freebox ?
>>

>honestly, I don't know yet.  I will mainly use my mythbox to watch
>dvb-s, and the freebox tv is just an added bonus.  although, it has
>been pointed out to me that I'll have a problem changing channels if
>the freebox is not near the tv.  well, an IR blaster may be a solution
>to this problem.
>
>how do you use your myth box?

1/ as a video recording tool (analog TV via antenna coaxial cable, VHS
recorder for digitizing my old VHS tapes)
2/ as a video server over my home network: I have bought a Hauppauge
MediaMVP because it is a small, very silent and easy to install device.
The MediaMVP connects physically on one side to the TV (SCART connector
again) and on the other side to the Ethernet network. It runs the mvpmc
open source software :-) .