[mythtv-users] FC3 and learning remote

Rick ve1gn at nb.sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 31 03:54:02 UTC 2005

I've been using a learning remote instead of going the lirc route.
Worked fine on FC1 but on FC3 not so perfect.  The keyboard works
perfectly but when using the remote (an HTR-2) only the first key press
of each button works, subsequent presses do nothing although you can see
that the remote is sending. It's got me baffled, tried relearning,
resetting the remote, rebooting but always the same result.  The
keyboard is an ir Chicony KB-9820. The remote still operates the tv,
receiver, dvd player without any problems.  The only things that have
changed have been updating to FC3 (a fresh install) and upgrading to the
0.17 release.  I believe it is FC3 related because the same behavior
occurs when hitting the remotes buttons in a terminal window.

Rick