[mythtv-users] DVD Authoring and MythTV Archive howto (writing one...)

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:02:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:51:25 -0500 (EST), Cory Papenfuss
<papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> wrote:
> > Is that using the built-in cutlist modification in mythfrontend? Or
> > are you somehow doing it from avidemux?
> >
>         No... just manually.
>
>         Right.  It looks like there are some kludges now to try to go from
> cutlist in mythtv to something importable to avidemux.  I figure it'll
> still need fine-tuning, so it's generally not worth the effort for me.  I
> do my crunching on a different machine with more poop.

I've found that the edit mode in mythfrontend is pretty easy to
fine-tune. You can move forward/backward with as much accuracy as a
single frame (up/down to change granularity, left/right to move in the
video, enter to set a cutpoint. can't get much faster than that).

Not sure how much of a kludge it is, but I just use nuvexport, and it
is able to make the commercial cutlist into something importable into
avidemux (no idea what it's doing behind the scenes, but it works).
Maybe there's something in that script you can use. From recorded tv
to exported mpeg I think the longest time I spend is waiting for
avidemux2 to open the file and cut out the sections I don't want. (but
I'm not as picky with the commercials, I just go through and make sure
they didn't cut out any of the show)