[mythtv-users] Need Help with FC3 pcHDTV HD-3000 Install

John Sturgeon mythtv at sturgeonfamily.com
Wed Mar 30 19:59:44 UTC 2005

SacTwoThirtyEight wrote:

> First off, I'd like to thank everyone on their help so far. Here is
> where I'm at ...
> If I load "modprobe cx8800" -- no errors and no signal.
>             "modprobe cx88-dvb" -- no errors and no signal
>             "modprobe cx88-atsc"  -- no errors and 92-98% signal.
>
> The question now becomes can I use atsc in mythtv ?  I thought it was
> preferred to use dvb because that will hopefully be more heavily
> supported in upcoming releases on mythtv. Anyone have any ideas on this ?

You say no signal... How are you checking for a signal when cx88-dvb
drivers have loaded?  You should follow the directions at
http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/personal/angel/mythtv/air2pc-howto.html
and get azap.  I don't think dtvsignal will work for the dvb drivers.
If at all possible, I would recommend sticking with cx88-dvb, it plays
nicer with MythTV.

--
John Sturgeon <><
http://www.sturgeonfamily.com/mythtv.php