[mythtv-users] DCT-6200 w/ FireWire -- Looking for Input..

Nathan Poznick kraken at wang-fu.org
Wed Mar 30 19:15:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:44:18 -0800, Big Wave Dave <bigwavedave at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does the "raw" firewire dump provide 1080i or 720p?  I don't need
> 1080i... I don't even need 720p... but I'm guessing  the 720p will
> require less space.

It dumps whatever the STB is configured to dump.  With the 6200 powered
off, hit the menu button to bring up a configuration screen.  You can
then select what format the component output will use.  I believe you
can choose between 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i.  You can then also select
how to output 4:3 content (I have it set to 480p for mine).  The
firewire output will then dump video in that format.  If I record a SDTV
channel, it'll give me a 480p stream, and if I record an HDTV channel it
gives me a 1080i stream.

Also fun:  power on the 6200.  Put your finger on the select button, and
power it off.  Fairly quickly hit the select button.  That will bring up
the diagnostics menu, which can give you all sorts of neato information
about the unit.  If you can't get the menu to come up, just keep trying.
The timing for hitting the buttons can be tricky the first couple times
you try.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken at wang-fu.org>

All history is a record of the power of minorities, and of minorities
of one. - Ralph Waldo Emerson