[mythtv-users] Watching regular DVD's on MythTV

Jim Oltman cnliberal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:11:26 UTC 2005

My don't you use Xine instead of mplayer?  It has support for DVD
menus which is sweet.  It also is a lot easier to configure for AC3 or
any sort of audio out.  I just tell it to use PassThrough for all my
audio and it gets thrown out in AC3 for DVDs and PCM for everything
else.  Just make sure your asound.conf (or .asound) is correct.  I had
inadvertantly commented out a line and mplayer worked fine, but Xine
wouldn't pass out audio.  It's all working swizzle now.