[mythtv-users] DVD Authoring and MythTV Archive howto (writing one...)

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 18:30:39 UTC 2005

Is that using the built-in cutlist modification in mythfrontend? Or
are you somehow doing it from avidemux?

If the commercial flags aren't in the right place, chances are there's
no easy way to fix it without doing it manually. There's only so much
perfection we can expect from the commercial flagging functions when
the tv stations control what they broadcast for the start and finish
of commercials.

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:21:52 -0500, Mario L <superm1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well when I say cutlist directly from mythconverg, I mean that I pull
> the cutlist I customized - hence I went back over the commercial skips
> generated & perfect them.  I'll have to try to manualy use avidemux2
> and see if it comes out correctly - I'm just looking for some sort of
> way to minimize that large amount of human interaction required
> (correcting myth's comm skips takes maybe 1 - 3 minutes for me now) -
> & be able to get these burned without a lengthy process needed for
> each one.
>
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:57:18 -0500 (EST), Cory Papenfuss
> <papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> wrote:
> > > and loaded my commercials cutlist out of mysql, but neither would
> > > listen to it.  They both would work until the first commercial break
> > > and then they would just continue adding on that part each time. So I
> > > would only have the portion of the show up until the first commercial
> > > break looped over and over again.  When you use avidemux2, do you
> > > provide the cutlist right from the mythconverg sql table then and it
> > > works fine for you?
> > >
> >         I provide a cutlist by manually going through in avidemux and
> > choosing commercial points.  Not much fun, but at the point it's still
> > easier than trying to automate it.  Even the commercial detection needs
> > some hand-interaction to get it just right.
> >
> > -Cory

email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites