[mythtv-users] Frontends does not reconnect after a backend restart

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Mar 30 17:43:04 UTC 2005

On 3/30/2005 11:45 AM, cythrault at gmail.com wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:01:38 +0100, David <myth at dgreaves.com> wrote:
>

>>I don't have this problem at all.
>>
>>I have 2 frontends, 1 on the same box as the backend, 1 is remote. They
>>both behave the same.
>>When the backend goes away I get a message that says "the backend has
>>gone away" (!)
>>and then I press escape and go back to the list of recordings and it's
>>reconnected and fine...
>>
>>I am still running 0.16 though...
>>

>0.16, 0.17 and current CVS behaves the same for me. I will get the
>message when a key is pressed when the frontend was left idle.
>Afterward, recordings list is empty until the frontend is restarted.

Have you tried just going into it again without restarting the
frontend?  This has always worked for me with a remote frontend at least
since .15 that I remember.  I will see the empty recordings list and go
back in and they are there.  I am currently running CVS from about mid-Feb.

--
David

HDTV capable frontend I am working on (now with a picture)
  http://mythhd.info