[mythtv-users] Can't see slave card in master

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Mar 30 16:52:43 UTC 2005

> Should I be able to see the third card from the frontend?

I believe so, and from the backend status webpage as well.

> Checking the card status in the Information Center, I only see the two
> 'local' cards - I was expecting to see the status of the slave card as
> well.

Yes, it should show up there.

> Some searching also turned up that it should add an entry to the Master
> SQL DB in the cardInput table.  This hasn't happened either - which
> makes me think it may not be working correctly.

Kevin asked if you were using the same DB for both backends as you should
be, I think that may be your problem.

> I was watching LiveTV from the slave box - just to test that the card
> was functioning correctly.

Watching LiveTV from the slave would use one of the cards from the
master if the card in the slave is not configured correctly.

--

Chris