[mythtv-users] Fw: LIRC is killing me!!!

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:47:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:36:31 -0800 (PST), J. Scott <jscott at oddpost.com> wrote:

>  I am pulling my hair out over lirc! This is my third mythTV install- you'd
> think I'd have it down by now, but for some reason I can't get it working.
> I've googled everything I can think of, but couldn't find my answer.
>
> My system:
> Athlon 2500+
> Biostar nvidia based mobo
> 256mb ram
> 160gb hard drive
> Onboard audio and video
> Fedora Core 3
> MythTV Suite 0.17
>
> X10 mp3anywhere RF remote- receiver plugs into serial port and is supported
> by lirc.

Scott,

i'm guessing you do have lircd running since you were able to get irw
to run.  you may want to try killing mythfrontend and lircd then
restarting lircd with the -n option 'lircd -n'.  then restart
mythfrontend and see if lircd accepts mythfrontend as a client.  then
start irw and see if lircd accepts that as a client.
another thing you might look at is your lircrc file, i believe it's in
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
if you reinstalled your system you may have inadvertantly blown away
your x10 configured lircrc file which may explain why you're not
getting any response from irw...

hth