[mythtv-users] /dev/video32 versus /dev/video1

Kirk Anderson kirk at nosredna.net
Wed Mar 30 12:38:46 UTC 2005

Hoping that someone can help me out here .....

I have an HD-3000 card in my Myth box (along with a PVR-350 and WebCam).
I can successfully perform the following steps:
   --) dtvscan /dev/video1  (reports back 8 or so legitimate HDTV stations)
   --) dtvsignal /dev/video1 23 (reports 97% signal strength)
   --) getatsc /dev/video1 23 > test.mpg  (produces a legal mpg file)

If I try to use /dev/video32 instead, I get NOTHING.

My issue is: when I go into "mythtv-setup" --> "Capture Cards", if I try
to use
/dev/video1, Myth tells me there are NO legal inputs there.  Then I
switch it
to look at /dev/video32 and it tells me:
   SVideo-0...3
   Composite-0..3
   Tuner0

But if I try to watch LiveTV with it, I just get a black screeen and
eventually it
returns me back to the main window.

I don't understand the discrepancy between /dev/video1 and /dev/video32.
Why
outside of Myth can I successfully use /dev/video1, but inside Myth I
seem to
be forced down the use of /dev/video32 ?

BTW: I've tried making links from video32 to video1, but it didn't help.

Thanks for any help.

Kirk