[mythtv-users] Where to (really) buy an Air2PC -or- should I get a HD-3000?

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Mar 30 01:59:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Matt wrote:

> I wanted the Air2PC, but looks like I might have to go for the
> pcHDTV-3000 now.  Still not sure if there really is any difference
> between the two cards that makes one a better choice than the other.

The original Air2PC was reputed to have a better tuner, and handle
multipath and weak signals better. The new version is supposed to have a
5th generation tuner, and presumably will be even better yet. I'm not sure
how much difference that makes unless you are in an area with a marginal
OTA signal.

The HD-3000 also has a standard NTSC framegrabber allowing capture of
regular TV signals. Given I have no plans to use that, I considered it
extraneous hardware that I'd just as soon not have.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768