[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Mar 29 20:16:35 UTC 2005

> I'm pretty sure it has been checked into CVS, but I haven't used it.
> Basically, it'll display Live TV a few seconds behind what it would
> normally show it at.  It'll then mark the commercials.  I think it'll
> work and continue to mark even if you pause.  This feature was
> developed within the last week, so it's still bleeding edge for myth.
>
> Matt

This is partially true, but less than halfway.

The code I recently committed to CVS allows near real-time flagging for
recording programs, not for LiveTV.  It allows the commercial flagger to
start flagging almost as soon as the recording starts and then the flagger
runs at the recording's normal FPS so that it stays just behind the
recorder and finishes flagging within a short while after the recording
finishes.  I've been running this code on my production Myth setup (a
P3-700 master backend with 3 M179 cards) for a couple weeks now and don't
know of any issues with it currently.  It is bleeding edge, but worst
case is that you have to reflag a show if something messes up.  Things appear
to be working well for me with it though.

--

Chris