[mythtv-users] Re: Stable release branch starting post-0.18

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Mar 29 19:22:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 02:46:50AM -0800, Ian Forde wrote:

> > > Cool! I guess this question is more for Axel - will there be ATRPM
> > > binary packages available of these bug fixes, do you think?
> >
> > I think there will be ;)
>
> Speaking of stable, (and currently chiding myself for hijacking a
> thread,) any chance of mplayer rpms out of atrpms.net for x86-64 that
> support dmo (when doing a 'mplayer -vfm help') soon?

I think it doesn't even work on ia32 if you won't make intrusive
changes to the system like turning off prelinking and/or exec-shield,
randomized start-addresses and what not.

At least on ia32 you can use the ATrpms packages if you are going to
do the prelink mods (config space only). I don't know if x86_64
requires anything further, or is even considered to be able to do
anything with dmo.

But any improvement/patches etc are welcome, but probably not on this
list/thread.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net