[mythtv-users] Another MythWeather question

Zach uid000 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:28:29 UTC 2005

a few places to look:
"hostname" in [user at hostname ~]$ in bash prompt.
or 'echo $HOSTNAME' (this is very useful)
or 'grep 127.0.0.1 /etc/hosts', this will give you all valid hostnames
for your loopback address

James

Not sure what how it's being used in your instance, since I haven't
messed with MythWeather, but in some instances it's useful to use the
$HOSTNAME variable rather than use the actual hostname explicitly.
That way if you ever change the hostname for what ever reason, you
won't have to go through and manually edit settings in different
places.

Again, not sure how it's being used here, so a shell variable may not work.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:28:49 +0000 (UTC),
mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org>