[mythtv-users] Playback & Flagging Problems: Need Advice

John Freer john_freer at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 15:59:58 UTC 2005

Hey all:

Need some advice, not sure if all the symptoms are related or now:

HW Background:

XP2200, asus nforce2 MB, GF4 MX440/7167 Driver, RHFC3/KDE, 2.6.10
atrpms kernel.

Setup Background:

-XvMC: Not Used but compiled in, but same symptoms with/without.
-Lirc: Compiled in and used
-DVB: Not used, not compiled in
-Deinterlace: Not used, but same symptoms with/without.
-1x PVR-250 -> MPEG2, 2x bt878 -> MPEG4: same results with both
compressed filetypes
-Same symptoms with ATRPMS mythtv-suite and with mythtv CVS from last
night.

Symptoms:

1.  When I skip forward, the playback hangs for 1-2 seconds and
pixellates badly before continuing playback.

2.  When any of the on screen display windows come up on the screen,
they flicker badly when they are fading away (ie: show title bar,
position indicator, etc)

3.  Occasionally (1 out of 3 times or so) the playback indicator will
say something like: (0:05 of 250:00:00) even though it is an hour
show.  When I skip around a bit this goes away.

4.  Commercial flagging is not working correctly.  I see that the
mythcommflag thread fires up and is working (taking like 25%
processor time), but I haven't yet found a recording that has the
flagging performed on it.  (when I hit skip, it says "Not Flagged")

5.  When I try to jump forward, playback hangs for ~20 seconds, then
finally goes to the right position, pixellates for 5 seconds, then
plays back.

I used 0.16 with XvMC compiled in with a lot of success and none of
these issues.  How can I diagnose these problems?

Thanks,
John.