[mythtv-users] Cannot schedule recordings or see TV, but card is working fine.

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 08:06:42 UTC 2005

Hi!

I have a very odd problem:

If I am directly connected to the box, and I launch xawtv, I see a
black screen, nothing shows.  I don't have a mouse, but I can change
the type of output (overlay, grabdisplay) through the xawtvrc file,
but still a no go.

HOWEVER, if I start a vncserver from the mythbox and remote vncviewer
in from another workstation on my LAN, and then launch xawtv, I see
the TV working just fine...

If this also helps, here is another problem that is likely related:

During the vncviewer session, if I go into schedule a program from the
Guide, it acts as if it's going to work, but the tuner never shows a
status of recording, and the "S" that appears normally in the guide
never shows up, it's as if I don't save the "record only this showing"
portion, but I do.

Any ideas?