[mythtv-users] Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe audio (Realtek chipset?) software mixing HDTV SPDIF

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Mar 29 02:05:16 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Vincent Parrett wrote:

> I'm currently struggling with this motherboard & video/audio sync. I'm
> running Myth CVS and the latest Alsa and have 3 DNTV Live DVB-T cards
[...]
> decent clue to the problem. During playback of recordings, a/v sync is
> fine, however with live tv, the sync is fine when I first go in, but as
> soon as I change channels, the audio lags behind the video usually by
> around 1/4 sec.. but sometimes as much as 2 seconds. Exiting livetv and
> entering it again will correct the problem. I'm also seeing lots of
> pre-buffering pauses etc in the logs, I've tried all sorts of settings in
> myth, all of which just made things worse.

are you using the alsa software mixer?

> Since the mb only has 3 pci slots, I'm loath to go down the soundcard
> route (being able to watch tv while recording 2 programs or record 3 at
> once is a nice feature!).

I'm going to have a separate front end, so slot availability is not going
to be an issue for me. I'm currently considering a Turtle Beach Riviera
which is supposed to have good ALSA support and has an optical SPDIF
output.

thanks for the input...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768