[mythtv-users] Live TV stops after a few hours.

Michael Carland mcarland at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 19:18:03 UTC 2005

--- Ken Mink <kmmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>   This problem doesn't appear to be very common. A couple of us have
> been trying to track down the cause. Could you post some info about
> your rig; distro, versions, hardware, etc?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Certainly. Anything to help. I just set this up, and am still relying on
my TiVo for recordings I care about, so if there is anything code wise you
would like me to try, it wouldn't be a problem. Besides the fact that my
laptops hard drive is singing it's death song.

Also, I have ordered hardware for a new backend with a litle more oomph,
so if that ever ships, I can see if the problem goes away with the
backend.

Backend:
AMD K6-3 768MB ram, IWill XA100+ MB
Debian sarge, 2.6.10 kernel, gcc 3.3.5.
1xPVR-500MCE, IVTV 0.3.2-p
Encoder firmware 0x02040011
66GB media partition using JFS
Myth 0.17

Frontend:
Via EPIA M10K, 512MB ram
Debian sarge, 2.6.10 kernel, gcc 3.3.5
X.org 6.8.2 with Unichrome via video and DRI driver, checked out and built
a few weeks ago.
Using the XvMC hardware option, Deinterlace w/Bob
Diskless, system mounted NFS from a 3rd machine.
Myth 0.17 with an ALSA patch (fixes uninitialized var)
LIRC 0.7.0 with a few minor modifications.

-Michael