[mythtv-users] How well does commercial detection work?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Mon Mar 28 18:34:16 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 08:54:19AM -0600, Ramon Redondo wrote:
> Since we're talking about consistent commercial detection problems, I
> could also mention Jeopardy!.  Commercial detection is flawless for my
> recordings of Jeopardy!, with the one exception being that it misses
> the end of the commercial break before Final Jeopardy.  So my wife and
> I have to remember to NOT skip that break, or we end up at the end of
> the show.

Of course this is very frustrating, as you have to say "don't delete"
then re-watch, then seek to the place you were and find the real
programming at the end.

I suspect a better behaviour when you hit End (Skip to next commercial mark)
if there is no next mark (or the next mark is end of program) to not seek
at all, giving a message like the not-flagged message.   The user can
choose to quit watching or hit "D" at that point easily enough.