[mythtv-users] Subject: Re: Jerky Live HD3000

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Mar 28 06:15:23 UTC 2005

On Sunday 27 March 2005 21:48, Kelly wrote:
> > On Saturday 26 March 2005 22:36, Kelly wrote:
> > > I followed  Jarod C. Wilson's guide (outstanding by the way) but had
> > > to start deviating to try and get the dvb drivers to load up. For some
> > > reason, after every reboot, I have to chmod -R mythtv:root /dev/dvb
> > > and /dev/dvb0 or the mythbackend will fail to start the DVB#0.
>
> > Shouldn't be using /dev/dvb and /dev/dvb0, that's the old DVB interface.
> > Check out this page, the device setup for the Air2PC is identical:
> >
> > http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/personal/angel/mythtv/air2pc-howto.html
> >
> > You should be using the device nodes in /dev/dvb/adapter0/.
>
> Thanks for the link. I'm not a kernel warrior so I'm now researching
> how to reload the nvidia module after I make a new kernel. Seems when
> I rename the kernel 2.6.10-DVB and reboot, my xserver crashes because
> it can't find the nvidia module for the new kernel. Everything I've
> tried has loaded old and new nvidia kernel mod into old kernels not
> the new one I've created. I would like to have the latest nvidia
> drivers and not the default "nv". Sorry to post this in the mythtv but
> I'm at a stand still. If i'm going to be making custom kernels, I need
> to know how to reload the nvidia kernels to keep my xserver.
>
> Also do I load select the "B2C2/Technisat Air/Sk/CableStar 2 PCI". The
> correct frontend, nxt2002, is automatically selected" in his setup for
> the HD3000?
>
> Do I load the pcHDTV 2.0 after this?

Sorry, I wasn't clear... I was simply pointing to that page to show the right
device setup to use. You can still use the stock FC3 kernel and all the
ATrpms kernel modules. I had only intended for you to take note of the part
on setting up device nodes in /dev/dvb/adapter0/.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...