[mythtv-users] installing ivtv

Ross rwillman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 05:45:38 UTC 2005

It looks like you're not getting the firmware extracted from the
windows driver correctly, so I wouldn't even try to load the modules
yet.

Have a look at the documentation on the ivtv wiki at
http://ivtv.writeme.ch/ on the firmware, and ask the ivtv list (see
links from the wiki) if you still have problems..

Oh, and FWIW, don't just grep for ivtv, not all of the ivtv related
line have ivtv in it. Use the following instead:

tac /var/log/messages |
sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
/= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
tac

Ross